Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Review: Wilton Sugar Sheets


I recently tried Wilton Sugar Sheets for the first time. The instructions are very clear that the sheets will dry out if left exposed. So, I left the packages sealed until I was ready to decorate a birthday cake and cupcakes.

One sheet had a small area of smudged purple coloring that looked like the product came in contact with water. The damage was in the center of the page--an area my dry hands did not touch. The other sheet had erratic spots that looked like the image did not print correctly. Unlike the mystery smudge, these spots were part of the sheet, not on the surface.

At about $4 per sheet, I expected much more. It was the middle of the night before the event and I was short on time. I decided to work around the damaged areas and altered my design.

Using Wilton Sugar Sheets
The sheets were easy to use and sturdier than expected. I used Wilton's heart punch and cut freehand designs. The process was very simple and felt a lot like working with scrapbook paper.

I applied the decorations to freshly iced cake and cupcakes without any problems. The edible paper adhered well and softened slightly as it melded with the icing.

Overall, I recommend trying Wilton's sugar Sheets provided you check the quality of the design in time to get a replacement, if necessary. Amazon has a good selection of the sugar sheets along with user reviews and ratings.



No comments:

Post a Comment